Well, my computer has been down for several weeks, and I'm finally back up and running again. I lost my hard drive, and *everything* that was on the silly thing - email addresses, bookmarks, pictures, music, files, everything. I am not a happy camper.
Anyway, Kim was nice enough to send me my username (which I had totally forgotten) so I could get back here and catch up with everyone.
Happy birthday to everyone! Great pictures, guys. Thanks for posting them!
So anyway, I'm back now, and can keep up again. This is a very good thing!
Monday, April 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad you're back!
J : )
Welcome back. Sorry your computer died. That is one of my worst fears. (Better back up again today so I can sleep tonight.)
backup, schmackup. my backup drive died at the same time my primary did...so Jim bought me an external case that will hold, when I get one, an external drive for backup.
I have yet to figure out how to successfully backup (on removeable data) a multi-gigabyte hard drive without using way too many cds or dvds. So, removeable hardrive it will be, as soon as I get one. They are ridiculously cheap these days, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue...but in the meantime, I have lost many picutes, much music, and tons of data.
I am hoping that at least one of my uber-geeky friends can pull the platters out of the old primary drive and put them in another case, and that we can retrieve at least some of the data that way.
Ain't technoogy grand?
Um, yikes. Seems that my keyboard is having issues today - I hope you can read through the typos in that comment.
Post a Comment