Sunday, October 22, 2006

Thanks Mom

Thanks mom for the prayer request. It worked!!!! I was not very nervouse about the written exam at all. The Skills portion was harder because I had to "preform" skills on a head, neck, lungs and stomach. For my IV skills I had an arm that was just laying on a table, I couldn't even get the arm to lay in the correct position to simulate a real arm attached to a preson. It is some what hard to take them seriously when they are so far form reality. At best they are Anotomicly correct. I feel the hardest thing to do is just pretend that this is a real situation. The scenarios they give us are a little goofy sometimes.

So thanks for all the prayers and just to let you know I passed all my skills the first time(most people fail at least one or more and have to test it a second time) and feel very confortable with my test on Friday. It will take 2-3 weeks to get that test result back though.

Jason

4 comments:

Jason said...

She will be back on the 3rd of Nov.
it is a megar existance with out her but we are makin out ok!! haha

jason

Ken said...

I knew it I knew it, I knew it, you are a genius.
I am so proud of you, a lot of the first aid courses I had to take in the oil patch were pretty silly also, but, I , like you got thru them. So glad it's over for you, now you can just do your work and not worry about all that other
STUFF.............

Kim said...

congrats on yours skills stuff Jason!!!! I'm sure you did fine on your other test as well. I'm so proud of all your hard work and glad you are doing so well ...hugs..we love you

Barbara said...

You don't think you would ever have to do an IV on a disembodied arm? :)

Glad it all went well.

Laura talks about Firefighter Jason all the time. We're all very proud of you.