Tuesday, November 28, 2006

We are buying a HOUSE!!!!!!



Hey everyone. Well Jennifer and I have been house hunting and we found one that met all our needs and then some for the right price!!! Well we put a contract on the new house last Saturday. I don't want to junks the deal so I wanted to wait until we got the financing figured out.

For the specifics it is a new home just outside the city limits of Magnolia TX, just NW of Houston. It splits the difference between were Jenny and I work about 45 minutes for Jenny an 50 for me. It is a 4-2.5, 2700 Sq Ft, granite in the kitchen, gas stove, Comes with 25cu ft fridge, Washer and Dryer. Some one else specked out the house and then their deal fell through. David Weekley is the builder and decided he needed to unload it before the beginning of the year. The asking price was 8000 under our self imposed limit, so Jenny and I had no problem jumping on the deal. We hope to close on the house on the 13th of Dec. After all that I think I got a great deal on my interest rate as well. Pretty soon the Murrell B & B will open for business.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super! I notice you don't even have to landscape the front yard. A bonus, in my estimation.

I do hope we can come stay for a night or two one of these times. But, I don't think it'll be too soon.

By the way, the Murrell B & B is considerably north of Magnolia--you have to add SOUTH to your name!

Now, when are you coming out to our B & B???

Jason said...

Quite true!!

I would like to one of these days. Jenny and I have scheduled one vacation for early next year so it will have to be after that.

As far as landscaping That little Pine will have to go the shrub on the side will have to go (in one year it will cover up my House numbers, the fireman in me can't let that happen) and the Crape murtle will have to be trimmed. Other than that not much at all;) Jason the Forester is already planning for at least 3 trees(front and Back) and some grass in the back yard

Kim said...

Congratulations y'all!!! It looks like a great house (and the kitchen looks like mine ;)!!! Im really happy for y'all, let us know what we can do to help. :)

Barbara said...

Congrats! Looks like a fantastic house. I love the kitchen.

I sure hope we get a chance to see you all some time soon. Laura is always talking about Uncle Firefighter Jason. She is sitting right here and wants me to tell you that she loves you.

Ken said...

Way to go , I know it's a big step, I remember walking the floor all one night trying to figure out if it was yes or no.

Did not know if we could afford 80$/month payments, hee hee.

The location is great.

That kitchen sure does look a lot like Kim's, nearly exactly.


I am so proud for you both.

Karen said...

Very nice! I cannot wait to see it (and you guys! I never see you!) Congratulations, and welcome to homeowner heaven. LOL