According to the AP, one in four adults in the US didn't read a book last year.
The median number of books read per person was four.
I wish they had called me. I could have helped their numbers out a bit.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yeah--me, too. I never get polled and I do have opinions!
I saw that article, and thought about posting it here as well. Great minds, and all that!
I tried to figure out how many books I read last year. I'm guessing somewhere in the 50-75 range.
Amazing - I thought I didn't read enough, and here I am (along with a lot of us on this blog, I'm sure) reading 10 times more than average.
Who'd have thunk it, right? Girls of the Rodgers clan being above average.
*That* never happens! LOL
I keep meaning to keep track of what I have read, but I haven't been very good about it. This article has inspired me to start keeping a book journal.
And, I have to laugh about Aunt Patty saying that she has opinions. I never would have imagined that. :)
Yeah, like none of the rest of your aunts (or mother) have opinions! I figure I read 5 books a week, roughly. But then I have a lot of free time.
Barbara I need to keep a book journal too..I get so mad when I forget if I have read something (which is often). Maybe we should have an online booklist somwhere?
That's a good idea, Kim! I wonder if there is something free that we can all participate in together...or, I guess, just post them here. But a database, searchable, etc., would be better.
I am *always* forgetting what I've read. But if it's been a few years, that's okay, I'll read it again. LOL
Um, Pat? 5 books a week? Yeah, I'd say that does imply a lot of free time! Good for you! What on earth do you find to read so much of? Do tell...
Anything and Everything. I just finished something called "Saxons, Vikings, and Celts"--genealogy oriented, obviously.
I also read what I call "mind candy" which is stuff that doesn't take a lot of concentration to follow--Jayne Krentz, Elizabeth Lowell and no, I don't like Danielle Steele!
I recently got hung up on Nora Roberts' JD Robb mysteries, a genre I usually don't read.
I'm a speed reader and I rarely start a book without finishing it the same "day" even if it means I read all night. But, when you don't have to work and you don't have to do much to keep up with the house, you have a lot of time to read. Of course, I don't get as much sewing done or genie work done as I should when I'm on a reading "jag".
Good idea. I'll see what I can figure out.
Post a Comment