Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Before we get lost in the kitchen fixing Thanksgiving dinner we thought we should wish y'all a Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving. (We assume, Kim, that even though you'll be packing you'll take time out for a turkey sandwich.)

Harv's brother-in-law is going to smoke a turkey and Harv and I will fix all the rest of the meal. His sister had a cancerous kidney removed three weeks ago so she's not spending much time in the kitchen! Although she's doing well, she does spend a lot of time in a recliner--we figure she can sit in Harv's recliner as well as any other. So, I figure they will be here most of the day.

I spent this afternoon washing china and crystal and cleaning silver so that I can set the table "right" this year. Last year Harv and I were alone and I think we baked potatoes and grilled steaks instead of the usual. And we ate off the Frankoma. Now, I can set the table tomorrow morning and then spend the rest of the day cooking.

Don't over do it Thursday.

Love you all.

No comments: