That's right! We beat Tech. It was our last home game and the senior's last game in Boone Pickens Stadium, ever. We are losing 19 players. The refs were terrible, and Mike Gundy (our coach) had to be held back by 5 coaches when he was trying to correct a terrible call that cost us a touchdown. Nevertheless, we moved past that and earned a victory. The last touch down was a 6 min. push down the field to the ONE and a 3 play struggle on the goal line for the final touchdown. It was AMAZING. The tech fans were visibly upset (sorry Papa). Bob Stoops better watch his back because on game day God wears Orange and Black!
Sunday, November 13, 2005
Ride, Ride, Ride 'Em Cowboys!!!
That's right! We beat Tech. It was our last home game and the senior's last game in Boone Pickens Stadium, ever. We are losing 19 players. The refs were terrible, and Mike Gundy (our coach) had to be held back by 5 coaches when he was trying to correct a terrible call that cost us a touchdown. Nevertheless, we moved past that and earned a victory. The last touch down was a 6 min. push down the field to the ONE and a 3 play struggle on the goal line for the final touchdown. It was AMAZING. The tech fans were visibly upset (sorry Papa). Bob Stoops better watch his back because on game day God wears Orange and Black!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations !!! I was so mad the game wasnt on tv :(. I'm so happy you got to have fun at y'alls last game this year. (and PaPa will get over it..hehehe)
That explains why I couldn't find it on tv, then - not on. That'll do it every time.
Well, yeah, Dad will recover, I'm sure, but I'm glad you get to have a fun rivalry with him over the schools. That's always fun.
So is that what you say instead of "Gig 'Em" or "Hook 'Em" or something?
Isn't it a bit long??? :)
PaPa, got the razzing, he took it well, and what the heck, it has been nearly 50yrs since I played for Tech, and for a Rachael smile < I would want the Cowboys of OState to win.
hee hee hee
Papa-I Love you so much!
Karen-We yell a lot of things at games...like "We're gonna beat the hell outta you" there is an entire chant that we do before the fight song, which I will do now, much to the pleasure of the ou people in this family:
GO! GO! GO POKES! GO POKES! GO POKES GO!
O!...S!...U!
O S U
The greatest in the nation
O S U
The team that's got the go spirit and the will to win
Make a score and we'll shout
Beat (opponent)!!
O S U
It's orange and black we're cheering on to victory today
And then we'll say
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A!
STATE!
Univer-si-ty!
When we get a touchdown we do "the triology" its the "Waving Song"-to remind us of the plains, Then "Ride 'Em Cowboys," Then the "OSU chant" Then Bullet-our spirit horse/rider come out and ride to the 30 yard line and then Pistol Pete Shoots his rifle and we say "OOOOOOOOO" "SSSSSSSSSSS" "U!" "COWBOYS!"
Then the ROTC guys shoot of the Victory Cannon!
Its a very long celebration, that will happen many-a-time at Bedlam!
Well Rach...it's nice to know your memorization skills are still intact ;)
Post a Comment