Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Consider this a Valentine greeting to all of you. I managed to get little "somethings" mailed to the girls--Amanda, Lizzie and the "other" Rachael. Amanda and Lizzie loved their little Barbie purses (full of candy) that twinkle when you press the butterfly. Rachael threw her little stuffed beagle across the room and screamed. She was not happy. Do you think maybe she has a temper?

We (mostly Harv) have spent the past seven weeks remodeling the kitchen--basically gutting it. Right now he's getting ready to grout the backsplash tile. Then, finally, I shall be able to clean the floor and, hopefully, have it stay clean for more than 10 minutes. He still has some basic trim pieces to put on the new cabinets but then he'll be finished for a bit. We plan to put a small electric oven in the island but he figures he'll just build it around the oven. And the floor remains to be redone. I haven't a clue when those'll happen, though, since we have company pretty solid for the next few weeks. He's still working full time but ocassionally works from home. That helps.

WI friends are coming next week (why the floor MUST be cleaned this weekend!), then some of Harv's cousins from WA are going to be around (baseball spring training games start fairly soon). After that we'll have his FL sister coming for 10 days during which visit we'll go to Vegas for a nephew's wedding (in an Elvis Chapel by an Elvis impersonator). Then, the visit we're really looking forward to--Ellen Bob and the girls. Should be interesting! They'll be here for about 10 days, too, the end of March.

We're open after that--except I'm going to be in Keller for a week in April when Harv is junketing in San Francisco. Soooo--anyone willing to come to Keller? Unfortunately, I'm going to be doing Saturday to Saturday--14-21--so the timing isn't great.

Or, you can come out here! Late April and early May are nice.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs and kisses from me and the kids to all of you!

And, Aunt Patty, we'll see you in April. Just in time for Laura's b-day.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it will be her birthday time won't it. Good! Looking forward to it.

Kim said...

Happy Valentines's Day !!

Karen said...

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

We are scheduled to go camping April 23-30, and you know what weekends before long camping trips are like...I wish I thought I could sneak up for even a day, but somehow, I doubt that. Something may change, and if it does, I'll be sure to let everyone know!

Karen said...

Oh, well, now that I've read it again - who knows, maybe the weekend before that? We'll see...I would love to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

My flight gets in about 5 p.m. on the 14th,