I don't imagine any of us are naive enough to fall for this, but just in case you are curious...don't open the attachments from the FBI.
I'm guessing if they were mad at you, they'd knock on your door, not send an email.
People are amazingly gullible.
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
FYI from the librarian. If you ever hear a story or get an email and you want to know if it is fact or fiction, the best place to go to check is http://www.snopes.com. If it an urban legend, myth, or scam, it almost always shows up there.
Michelle
Indeed. I wish everyone would check every email with some "truth" in it on snopes before they post it, but they don't. Better just not to post.
This one, however, is not a hoax - I received 2 of these yesterday, one from the "FBI" and one from the "CIA". Then I saw the CNN article. Very strange, what people will do to promulgate a virus.
I'm sad now.. I havent gotten and email from the FBI or the CIA me in AGES !!! Y'all have all the luck :(
I agree: Snopes Rocks! They do have an entry for this directing people to virus protection software.
And I was greeted this morning with a strong warning from Symantec/Norton and an update (which I downloaded, of course). Don't feel bad, Kim, I've not been "graced" with anything from anybody in so long I don't think anyone knows I'm around!
Post a Comment