Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Brrrr!

It was COLD in Minnesota! Even if it's not exactly typical weather here, it's much better than Minneapolis was/is. I'm not envying you "eastern" folks at all. Even Ginny thought it was cold and Grand Forks is usually several degrees colder than Minneapolis on any given winter day.

I guess it was one way to "train" for Colorado in a couple of weeks. We're going up there, leaving on the 22nd, and staying until 2 Jan. Ellen's latest (lastest?) is coming on the 27th so we're the designated babysitters for Amanda and Elizabeth. Then Ginny and Steve will take over the duty of spoiling when they get there New Year's weekend. We'll overlap a day. They'll stay a week and then head back to ND.

Because Ellen hasn't ever gotten the hang of converting a couple of favorite cookie recipes to use in Denver, I promised to bake some to haul up there--her Grandmother's sugar cookies, Francie's gingersnap recipe and the only cookie Bob likes--snickerdoodles. I have a lot to get done between now and the 22nd so I'd best start.

No comments: