Y'all know I love animals as much as anyone.. and I would never make light of any sick or unfortunate animal, right?
But I"m REALLY SICK of seeing this headline... ONE EYED CAT HAD MEDICAL CONDITION
(ya mean besides the fact that he only had ONE EYE?)
GOOD GRIEF. Cant they change that to...One eyed cat had OTHER medical conditions? or something...
This kind of stuff really gets to me. You think anyone reads that headline and says...gosh..I wonder what the condition was?
I'll be glad when something replaces it in the headlines..wonder what will be next? no wait..i don't wanna know.
Friday, January 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That cat was NASTY looking! I sent it to my anatomy teacher. But you're right, until the headlines get better than "2 headed baby may be a genetic fluke," I just might not read it any more...lordy
Now, technically, don't we all have some type of medical condition? It may be a good condition, but it's still a condition.
It's like when people say "We're going to get some weather this weekend." Ya think?
Can you put up a link, because I totally missed the nasty one-eyed cat.
That picture literally gave me nightmares. I had the most bizarre dream - all my kitty babies (don't ask - pictures one day!) had one big eye, and they kept bumping in to each other. Things like that don't usually give me nightmares, but this was the obvious exception.
The real answer to bad news headlines, I think, is reading news that doesn't cater to the lowest common denominator (in this case, probably about an 8th grade education). But even the BBC and the NYT can come up with some humdingers when they aren't paying attention.
Michelle, the link is the title.
Come on, Karen--8th grade??? Newspapers were, back in the dark ages when I was in college, aimed at a 6th grade level. I think they've sunk even further and certainly their content, headline writing, editing, etc. stinks, for the most part.
Post a Comment