We are heading east in a couple of days--all the way east to Oklahoma City. We'll take our time and antique a bit between here and there, arriving Friday. We're gonna crash with Francie and Max for bit, connect with friends in Norman (and I plan to hit the State Historical Library and Archives).
At the end of next week we'll head down to Ardmore and the Yeargan Reunion. From there we'll go visit Dotty's new house, Harv will go to Leddy's in Ft. Worth and get his feet remeasured and leave a pair of boots for resoling. I don't know what else we'll do there or how long we'll stay. We WILL be back home before 12 June, however.
Our trip east will be via Albuquerque/Amarillo, of course. Going west we'll probably take the "southern" route and go down to I-10. We'll wave as we go by Midland. I'm thinking we may try to make arrangements to meet Joyce and Rondal Phipps (Emma Nell Edgar's daughter) somewhere out there, too. Haven't discussed it with anyone.
I wish there was going to be time to get down to Houston but not this year. Of course, "Houston" could come out here, too. For that matter, so could the rest of "TX" and "OKC". We have as much room as Dotty now has (maybe more) and the beds always have clean sheets on them. Today wouldn't be bad--it's only 78 (!) at 2:15 p.m. but the down side is that the wind is blowing very hard and the air is full of dirt. By Wednesday or Thursday we'll be back 100+.
We're hoping Ellen and the girls will come down to the reunion. Things fouled up and Bob definitely can't make it. I think, but am not sure, that it's still "up in the air" for Ellen and the girls. Have to call tonight, I guess!
Harv spent the weekend finishing the latest "project". He removed the door between the living room and the Arizona Room and widened the opening. He then installed french doors--they're painted white, have a "custom built" oak threshold and make a world of difference in the living room. It's much more open and airy looking now! Once we get home we'll paint--living room, dining room, ceiling, trim--the whole ball of wax. And he has to clean the carpet after the painting is done. Slowly but surely, we're getting there. Like Betty said several years ago (probably after visiting in AL) "Patty and Harv have to have a 'project'".
And this afternoon's project is to finish cleaning out here!
Monday, May 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looking forward to seeing you all. You should stay through the 16th, so you can meet your newest great-niece/nephew.
I hope Ellen and the girls can make it. We've really been wanting to see them. Tell them to come on down this way after the reunion so it's not such a quick trip.
Don't I wish!!! Sorry, honey, but mayb ya'll call come out this way come winter? See you in a few days.
Post a Comment