Saturday, October 08, 2005

Fall, etc.

Finally, it has cooled off! It is about time, for sure. It is so nice to be able to open the windows (pardon me while I sneeze) and go outside and not melt in the first five minutes.

I hope it lasts, this time. I could do this for 12 months out of the year and never get tired of a high of 75 and a low of 60. Of course, the trees and plants would get tired of it - they need the cold weather. They deserve a break, too.

I see the infamous Courtney has joined the ranks - time to make a first post, I think, C!

I don't know anything interesting, but just thought that since the weather was so nice, I'd comment on it. I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend - mine is pretty quiet. Jim has gone to a family wedding (a niece) and I really didn't feel up to the noise, etc. I've had a headache for four days, and I'm sick to death of it. So I get a quiet evening to enjoy the pounding in my head.

I wish that our family didn't inherit this weak-headedness - I'm sick of it after all these years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought my side of the family got it from Mom. Where did you say yours came from?

We haven't had the big cool down yet--but I think maybe it's blowing in tonight. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be mid-80s. However, today's was supposed to be low 90s but it hit 99 so . . . who knows? I do know I had to use a little hot water when I took my shower this morning. That's the first time since sometime in May, I think.

I spent today "shopping"--trying to find a couple of things for the remodeled bathroom, grocery store, Target, Michael's, etc. I find that I am organzing my "expeditions" now to conserve gas. I decided to do all my running around early in the week that Harv is gone. Then, by Tuesday or Wednesday I think I'll just stay home and do the housework and the computer work. With gas at $2.83 we don't drive a lot, even though the Buick gets really good mileage. I parked the van--using Harv's car this week.

The wind is coming up--maybe it's blowing in that front--along with a bit of dirt. It was pretty ugle a while ago when I went out to dinner with Harv's sister and bro-in-law.

In the meantime, hang in there, Karen.

Karen said...

Oh don't worry - I'm expert at hanging in.
I got my headaches from Dad. Don't know where he got them from...