. . . was not good--unless you're an OU, UT, A&M or TT fan (are there any TT fans?). I don't mention Nebraska--I was rooting for Baylor. Ah well, Harv watched by himself--I didn't do more than check the scores every so often.
He got home just fine yesterday evening. It was a good conference--what's not to enjoy when it's golf, euchre, poker, Elvis impersonators and good Scotch? He spent one day helping on a construction crew for a log house and worked a few muscles. See, he does "house" work even when he goes off to a conference!
Sister-in-law Linda arrives from Sarasota (FL, not NY) on Thursday. We have two weeks of stuff lined up--family dinner, genie searching, a trip to Denver (!) and antiquing in between. We'll run up to Ellen's for Halloween weekend--Linda really wants to see the girls (and Grandma and Grandpa don't?) She flies back home on the 5th.
Other sister-in-law Donna has surgery scheduled for the 7th to remove a cancerous kidney. She was the short, plump, blonde one we went to dinner with the night after Ellen's wedding, Karen. Anyway, the tumor, according to the scan and the radiologist, is wholly contained within the kidney so, I think, prognosis isn't too bad. She's 72 and has had numerous back surgeries, has arrythmic tachecardia and asthma so I don't think this is going to be too easy on her. But, she's scrappy so . . .
Ginny has lined up her "committee" for her master's research--a geologist, an astronomer and a physicist. I don't think they've settled on a definite topic yet but it probably will be solar/stellar astronomy related. She's aiming to finish in May 2007 and then, probably, they'll have the PhD program up and running and she'll go into that. She says she may even turn into a "serious astronomer".
Ellen--well, she's doing her two classes and gestating. I didn't talk to her tonight--just Harv did. They only talked about the trip so I don't think there was much news imparted. Amanda didn't get to build a snowman "bigger than Daddy" last week--they didn't get any snow in Firestone! Actually I'm not that surprised--all the reports were well south of them. Bob's parents, in Littleton, got a LOT.
My week was really exciting--not. I cleaned house--from one end to the other, including windows, fans, etc. I did a little genie research in the Mormon Library in Mesa. Maybe, just maybe, I found Joe with his parents--we'll see. Still have a lot of searching to do to "prove".
In the meantime, hope everyone enjoyed the fair, the company, the weather, the football, whatever. Come on out--we have a fair going on, nice, balmy weather in the mid 80s, football and plenty of "whatever".
Sunday, October 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey, you forgot about the Horned Frogs! We had a good game as well yesterday.
Go Frogs!!
Pat, shame on you:
Forgot the Frogs.
Forgot that I played for TT and am kinda of a alumi.
What used to be the Southwest Conference is doing pretty good in the 12.
Yeah, well, sorry about forgetting the Frogs--I did remember about TT but I've also heard you "badmouth" them, UB. And they've been "running up the scores" which is tacky.
Yeah, the old SWC is doing okay--at least UT and TT. A&M isn't doing any better than Baylor--and a whole bunch of others from the North Division, though.
"Tacky" is not a term Ive ever heard used to describe getting points in a football game...hmmmm Are you supposed to quit playing just because the other team cant score? But then I'm new to this college football stuff..it must be different from high school and pro ;)
Oh yeah..and yep there are LOTS of TT fans...I saw them when I was watchin the game.
But nonetheless... GO POKES!!! :)
Gotta admit to a bit--just a LITTLE bit--of sour grapes on my part.
And now I see the Frogs are in the Top 25 on all three polls--congrats to them.
Guess I am living in a place where all does not revolve around football--well, college football. We have to hunt to find the stories and scores on Sundays and the polls on the stats pages on Monday.
Post a Comment