Friday, August 26, 2005

holy toledo batman

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME I WOULD HAVE TO WALK SO MUCH?!!! Thanks for the warning! not. I'm partially kidding. Classes are going great. I am enjoying Oklahoma a lot. Its OK!!! hahaha...Most of the people here don't think that's funny, unless they aren't from Oklahoma. My Cultural Geography teacher also teaches the "Geography of Oklahoma." I can't even believe that's a class....but hey, people actually stop for the crosswalk here and you don't have to fear for your life when you attempt to turn left onto 51 because people will STOP AND LET YOU TURN. Texas drivers should take note of this. Its quite useful. No, I haven't been to any crazy parties, the cops here are NUTS! But I'm trying to focus on my school work, becuase over the summer I'm going to establish residency in Oklahoma, so I'll lose my out of state scholarship. I have to keep my GPA up for new scholarships. But I digress...I think I've lost about 5 pounds, and its only the first week. That's pretty neat. Work is boring, but hey, its a job. My other classes are pretty cool. My roommate is really nice, she's pre-vet-med and majoring in Animal Science, so she's a science geek like me. I'm going to this great party this weekend...Megan Luster's. That girl throws the BEST clown parties....so I hear. Julie's gonna let me and Bryan do laundry, give us free food, and a quiet place to do the million hours of homework that we have. Anyway, I have to get ready for work, and drink my "pop" whatever that is....I thought only northerners said that. I miss everybody and I love y'all!!!

love
rachael

7 comments:

Kim said...

Rachael if you say POP when you come home I'm gonna smack ya :)

luv ya...mom ;)

Barbara said...

This is so sad, but because I have a two year old, I keep reading "pop" as "poop".

Glad all is going well with you Rachael. Where are you working?

Karen said...

Good grief.
Everyone knows it's soda! :P

Love you, sweetie. Thanks for the call!

Karen

Kim said...

Excuse me..but its 'coke'. not pop, not soda.. COKE. even if you want a Dr. Pepper ;)

Karen said...

Of course it is! Hence the :P
However, polls show that "soda" is closing the gap with "coke" in the South (I'm not making that up, actually - saw it somewhere (CNN? MSNBC?) recently in an article about regional dialects.)

I still like "Do you want a Coke?" "Yes, please."
"What kind?"
"A Diet Dr. Pepper."

Makes us sound like idiots, doesn't it?

Kim said...

no...it makes us sound like Texans :)

Jason said...

I lived in Ok for a while even in Stillwater it is COKE.