Friday, August 26, 2005

well its Friday.....

I know we are supposed to say TGIF but danggggggggggggggg my house is quiet !!! Courtney just left with Cecil for the weekend so I'm all alone.... that could be a good thing huh?

I've decided I want to quit my job. Won't do it of course, but I want to. I'm sick of that place and the people and especially the customers. Good Lord, where do these people come from???? Here's a funny one for y'all.

I get calls for directions to our lab every day. I'ts not hard to find (big IF here) IF you follow my directions, but, granted, the entrance is not well marked. Ok, I get a call asking how to get there and I give the normal speel which is.. After you go under the toll road, go PAST 2 roads on your right then turn in the 2nd driveway. How hard is that I ask you? Really..come on. OK, then I get a call from a guy on his cell. He says, I can't find y'all.blah blah. I say where are you? He said Im on Central Green and I dont see Rankin. Lordy..this is the first of the roads he was supposed to go PAST.. PAST I SAY!!!! Now mind you, Rankin is the road he turned OFF of onto Central Green. Are y'all getting this? Anyway I tell him what to do to get there. So the door opens and I look up and I literally completely cracked up!!! Here is what appears to be 2 18 year old boys..in UNITED STATES COAST GUARD UNIFORMS!!!!!! I literally could not stop laughing. I said..oh my gosh..y'all are the COAST GUARD???? and you cant follow simple directions that only have 1 turn? I sure hope you never have to rescue me !!! They just looked at me...then 1 of em started cracking up. But the other one was very upset with me. I tried to feel bad but I just couldn't. So this poor Coast Guard boy needs his water tested so he can close on his house (they will give anyone a mortgage these days ..sheesh) so eventually he figured out how to fill out the form. It's hard..name, address, phone.. Then his water was contaminated and I had to tell him on the phone. He thought I was kiddin him..poor kid.. Anyway eventually his water passed and he gets to close.

But I guess I should be thankful that he could speak English, which is not all that common among my customers. Im really tired of getting completely blank stares when I say.."you need to write your name right here..yes in English please". Lordy.

Do you think I should get out of the customer service business? maybe 18 1/2 years is just too long. I just don't wanna hear it anymore.

Oh well, life as a public servant..that could a blog all on its own huh?

more later from the 'no I can't test your water for rust, flat worms, or radioactive waste' chronilogs... stay tuned :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

You are an evil woman.
Poor Coast Guard guys will never be the same.
Just think how bored you'll be when you do leave that job...