Sunday, September 25, 2005

Back home

I finally got back home around noon today. Kim went out and found gas for me, close to her house, and I was never so glad to see a gas station that was open in my life!
What a weird feeling that was - being stuck at Kim's house, 25 miles or so from home, and unable to get there.

My neighborhood had much more damamge than Kim's did. Lots of downed trees, and basically everyone in the neighborhood has roof damage. I lost quite a few shingles, and so I get to deal with the insurance on that. My fence stayed intact, which is better than what happened to lots of folks.

This evening all the Warner Cable customers lost cable and internet - Dad and I included. It is just now back up (obviously!). No clue what happened, but it seemed to be system wide. Very weird.

No work for me tomorrow, and Tuesday is looking iffy. If my students aren't at work, I don't teach. At least it will give me time to get the stuff with the insurance settled.

Thanks, everyone, for your concern for our safety. This turned out to be very easy, all things considered, at least for us. Some folks had it much harder, of course, and I'm sorry for them. I just wish I thought that this was the last hurricane of the season for us, but somehow, I doubt it.

I'll update again when I know what's up with the roof.

No comments: