Hello everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing fine, so is Jennifer. I will be changing to the B shift on the 20th of Sept. We have a new station opening and they needed warm bodies on the B shift. I was looking forward to not working on Christmas but I guess someone has to.
Jennifer is working on finishing up her rough draft of her thesis. I think 99% of what she has left is a lot of editing and formatting. She gets excited and frustrated all a the same time, but there is a definite "light at the end of the tunnel".
Now for a little commentary. I am not sure how any one else feels about the things going on in LA AL and MS. Everyone has heard of the violence the has descended on what is left of New Orleans. Some of the major news organizations have reported on lots of violence to the people left in New Orleans but not so much on the People helping out down there. There are several people from CSFD who went to Ne. Or. and have told us of some horrible stories. One guy on my Shift at My station told of one guy who would not leave (fine if you want to stay there, they were marking his house to let the authorities know there is a guy who didn't want to go. He then preceded to pull a shotgun on the very people who are trying to help him out!! Luckily nothing came of it. Who in the hell do these people think they are!!!! There is no reason for any of the rescuers to put up with that kind of behavior from any one for any reason!! I know how I feel and I think most of the guys have the same sort of feelings. If you need help I will be there, if you threaten my life you *#& is on your own! Just needed to vent alittle
Jason
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We've heard lots of stories like that Jason..hard to believe isnt it? If you read my last entry, you know I feel the same. This whole situation is so out of hand..and not ending anytime soon I'm afraid :(
And now the evacuees have refused to go stay on the cruise ships for 3 months... good grief...pick me!!! pick me !!!
I think this just goes to show we really need to beef up our Poliece force. I don't just mean in LA, AL, and MS I mean everywhere in the US.
As Linus (from Peanuts) so eloquently put it: "I love mankind; it's people I can't stand."
Post a Comment