Really beautiful. Too bad it is so deadly, huh.
They have officially upgraded Rita to category 5 - 165 mph sustained winds.
Ouch.
I'll be heading to Kim's tomorrow sometime, after I batten down the house. I have to teach tonight.
A place for us to vent, brag, yak, and generally keep in touch...enjoy
4 comments:
Feel free to head this way. Between me, Mom and Vicki, there is plenty of room.
PLEASE!!! All four of you go up to Dotty's (or Barb's or Vicki's). Rachael will be so much more comfortable if you do--not to mention the rest of us!
I don't know how wide Rita is but if she goes into Matagorda . . . that's 100 miles southwest, right? Well, Pensacola is about 100 miles east of Waveland, MS (which basically is gone) and Katrina didn't exactly "make nice" in East FL.
As extra incentive for anyone heading this way - there would non-stop weekend excitement.
Ok, maybe not, but there is an airshow right accross the highway on Saturday. I've been hearing and seeing the planes all day.
And, TCU vs. BYU is at 2:00 pm on Saturday on ESPN. I'm sure there will be food and fun. (Plus you could see Laura, Katie and Matt all decked out in their Horned Frog finery.)
If I were in Houston, the incentive to see Laura, Katie and Matt in anything would be enough!
Post a Comment