
Hurricane Rita seems to think it would be a good idea to hit Houston.
I, for one, disagree.
I know it is early to be worrying, but when you see pictures like this, it's hard not to worry just a bit, anyway.
A place for us to vent, brag, yak, and generally keep in touch...enjoy
8 comments:
As well as eyes and toes . . .
Got extra beds and we don't get those monsters here.
Jennifer already said Ries and I could escape to College Station early on Friday and thus avoid getting stuck in Houston.
They have already started evacuating Galveston - if it looks like you are going to be leaving (say on Thursday or so), I wouldn't wait till Friday...you'll be stuck on the road for the worst of the storm if everyone waits.
Your Mom's house is much closer, and probably about as safe (until the tornadoes start, anyway).
We do not need this crap. I'm seriously displeased.
We "did" Danny and Georges when we lived in AL--and we were almost 200 miles from Mobile. Gotta tell you--Georges was as bad as anything I ever remember--wind and rain and tornadoes. Danny not as bad up there but sure did a number on Mobile and the East side of the bay. .
And then we had the "pleasure" of Allison in Houston.
I'm pretty sure College Station wouldn't be much better than The Woodlands but . . .
Wish ALL of you were outta there!!!
This is making my stomach hurt :(
We have room here, too, if anyone wants it.
Brian just sent me an e-mail from one of their weather guys that says we may get heavy rain and strong winds and that we should prepare the outsides of our homes. Maybe it'll wash away any other lurking spiders.
Thanks for all the offers y'all. It looks right at this moment that its goin a little south of us...so we will probably stay here. Tomorrow will be decision day I guess. The stores are already out of water and stuff...hope they restock
I know it's a hard two day drive but . . . got beds for six here and two more nearby.
Even with it going a bit south and going in at Matagorda ya'll will still be in that northeast quadrant and that's not a picnic.
I'm chicken--if it was me still living there . . . I'd be at Dotty's or Barb's or Francie's or even up with Rachael (!) tomorrow night!
All of you, be safe . . . PLEASE.
Post a Comment